Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Audio Preview of "The Ecstasy of Gold" posted » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Audio Preview of "The Ecstasy of Gold" posted
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Achtung Audio Preview of "The Ecstasy of Gold" posted Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We know that you are waiting for new music and while it's not exactly a new song, the Metallica version of the classic "The Ecstasy of Gold" will be released on February 20 as part of a tribute to composer Ennio Morricone. As you know, the composition from the film "The Good, the Bad, and he Ugly" has been opening Metallica shows for over 20 years and now the band is honoring Morricone as part of the album also including interpretations of his classic scores from Bruce Springsteen, Roger Waters, Celine Dion, Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock, among others. For more on Morricone and the activities honoring him, read the official press release below.

The Ecstasy of Gold - Metallica audio preview:

mms://wm.elektra.com/metallica/metallica...cstasy_clip.asf

The official Press Release:

* SONY CLASSICAL ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF WE ALL LOVE ENNIO MORRICONE ON FEBRUARY 20TH AN ALL-STAR TRIBUTE TO THE VENERATED ITALIAN COMPOSER FEATURING PERFORMANCES BY MORRICONE, CELINE DION, METALLICA, YO-YO MA, REN?E FLEMING, CHRIS BOTTI, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, QUINCY JONES, ROGER WATERS and MORE.
* MORRICONE TO RECEIVE HONORARY ACADEMY AWARD ON FEBRUARY 25TH.
* COMPOSER'S NORTH AMERICAN CONCERT DEBUT TAKES PLACE AT RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL ON FEBRUARY 3RD.

Sony Classical will release We All Love Ennio Morricone - an all-star tribute album celebrating the music of the revered Italian composer Ennio Morricone, performed by some of the greatest names from the worlds of contemporary pop, rock, jazz, and classical music - on Tuesday, February 20.

Conceived and produced by Luigi Caiola, who worked on the maestro's monumental retrospective, io, Ennio Morricone, in 2003, We All Love Ennio Morricone brings together seventeen exquisite interpretations - most of them newly recorded especially for this collection - of Morricone's best-loved film scores and other musical pieces showcasing the extraordinary range of the composer's influences and sensibilities.

All of the artists participating in We All Love Ennio Morricone have a special connection to Morricone's music. Many of them have previously recorded Morricone's songs, performed his music onstage, or used his pieces as overtures to concerts, including Celine Dion, Quincy Jones featuring Herbie Hancock, Bruce Springsteen, Andrea Bocelli, Metallica, Yo-Yo Ma, Renee Fleming, Daniela Mercury, Eumir Deodato, Dulce Pontes, Chris Botti, Vanessa and the O's, Roger Waters featuring Edward Van Halen, Denyce Graves, and Taro Hakase.

Commenting on the new CD, Morricone said, "You realize that you have composed important music when someone, somewhere is playing it. I am however astonished, obviously in a good way, that famous artists from the musical world have paid tribute to me by participating in the project, We All Love Ennio Morricone, that brings together my most well-known compositions in different versions and fascinating interpretations thanks to the different musical origins of the various artists. My thanks to everyone, I am deeply honored."

"Not only the film industry, but the music industry at large, are deeply indebted to this phenomenal composer whose expressivity embraces so many genres with such integrity and creativity," said Renee Fleming. "The evocative nature of his work dramatically enhances the visual image and resonates in our deepest emotions."

"I have been inspired by Morricone's raw unbridled emotion, especially in his western scores," said James Hetfield of Metallica. "As a band, we have used his moving 'Ecstasy of Gold' piece as an intro to our performances since 1983."

In addition to three orchestral tracks - "Gabriel's Oboe," "The Tropical Variation" and "Cinema Paradiso" - performed by Ennio Morricone, the composer has created transitional pieces for We All Love Ennio Morricone to seamlessly connect the individual tracks into a continuously flowing listening experience.

We All Love Ennio Morricone caps a series of unprecedented honors for the 78-year-old composer, who will receive an Honorary Academy Award® at the 79th Academy Awards® presentation on February 25, 2007, in Los Angeles "for his magnificent and multifaceted contributions to the art of film music." Morricone has been nominated for five Academy Award Best Original Score nominations - "Days of Heaven" (197cool , "The Mission" (1986), "The Untouchables" (1987), "Bugsy" (1991) and "Mal?na" (2000). "Receiving an Oscar almost seems like too much, but I can't hide the fact that I'm very happy," said Morricone.

The composer's North American concert debut will take place at Radio City Music Hall on February 3 where he will be conducting the symphonic version of some of the music from We All Love Ennio Morricone. He will lead an ensemble of more than 200 musicians from the Rome Sinfonietta Orchestra and the Canticum Novum Singers of New York.

At a private concert at the General Assembly of the United Nations in New York on Friday, February 2, 2007, welcoming the incoming Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon of South Korea, Morricone will lead the same orchestra and chorus. The United Nations concert will feature his elegiac "Voci dal Silenzio (Voices from the Silence)," a piece written in response to the World Trade Center attacks of September 11, 2001.

In addition to Morricone's New York concert appearances, The Museum of Modern Art will present a retrospective of six landmark films scored by Morricone including "The Battle of Algiers," "Once Upon a Time in the West," "Two Mules for Sister Sara," "Once Upon a Time in America," "The Mission," and "U Turn," from February 1 through February 7. The Film Forum will run a three-week festival of films scored by Morricone to run from February 2 through February 22.

Born in Rome in 1928, Ennio Morricone studied classical and choral music before writing his first film scores in 1962. In 1964, he began his monumental collaborations with director Sergio Leone which would result in some of the most iconic scores in film history.

While perhaps best-known for his monumental contributions to more than 500 indelible film and television scores including "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," "The Mission," "Once Upon a Time in America," "The Untouchables," "Cinema Paradiso" and others, Ennio Morricone has worked an astounding number of musical genres - including classical, pop, rock, jazz, avant-garde, electronic and Italian folk music into his own unique and timeless oeuvre.

We All Love Ennio Morricone
Track listing:

1. I Knew I Loved You - Celine Dion
2. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Quincy Jones featuring Herbie Hancock
3. Once Upon a Time in the West - Bruce Springsteen
4. Conradiana - Andrea Bocelli
5. The Ecstasy of Gold - Metallica
6. Mal?na - Yo-Yo Ma
7. Come Sail Away - Renee Fleming
8. Gabriel's Oboe - Ennio Morricone
9. Conmigo - Daniela Mercury featuring Eumir Deodato
10. La Luz Prodigiosa - Dulce Pontes
11. Love Affair - Chris Botti
12. Je Changerais d'Avis - Vanessa and The O's
13. Lost Boys Calling - Roger Waters
14. The Tropical Variation - Ennio Morricone
15. Could Heaven - Denyce Graves
16. Addio Monti - Taro Hakase
17. Cinema Paradiso - Ennio Morricone

27.01.2007 00:35 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanx for the info Andi großes Grinsen
27.01.2007 08:36 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

Daumen hoch! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your impressions, dudes?

I personally like it. Well, it's just 1 minute and it's far from from being the classic MetallicA instrumental songs, but the guys sound finally in good shape and it seems like they're going to hit the stage few seconds later.
That's my first impressions...
27.01.2007 09:57 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I also like it. But I'm looking forward to hear the full song großes Grinsen
27.01.2007 10:04 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi

Yes, me also. I'm expecting a start with clean or acoustic Guitars, can't wait until late february. großes Grinsen

27.01.2007 10:10 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

For me it sounds very good, but original version is better. And James' vocal is not necessary on this track. To sum up, very good song, but let's wait for full version.

27.01.2007 13:47 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

thanks a lot for this post!! i like the song very much, it's really very very cool and i can't wait 'til february to hear the whole song!!

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
27.01.2007 13:49 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

After listening to it many times I have to say it kicks ass and James' voice is pretty good. Can't wait for full version with great quality. Yeah!

27.01.2007 18:06 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

quote:
Original von Marmetal
After listening to it many times I have to say it kicks ass and James' voice is pretty good. Can't wait for full version with great quality. Yeah!

yeah, marmetal, james' voice sounds really cool!! i think the full version is gonna be awesome!!großes Grinsen

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
27.01.2007 19:07 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

quote:
Originally posted by norbinho19
i think the full version is gonna be awesome!!großes Grinsen

I'm sure about it großes Grinsen .

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marmetal: 27.01.2007 20:10.

27.01.2007 20:09 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Franticarlos Franticarlos is a male
Don't Tread On Austria Member

Registration Date: 29.01.2007

Metallica - The Ecstacy of Gold (full cover, not clip) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here I leave the Link you of the whole song.

06.02.2007 14:59 Franticarlos is offline Send an Email to Franticarlos Homepage of Franticarlos Search for Posts by Franticarlos Add Franticarlos to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Franticarlos
Franticarlos Franticarlos is a male

Registration Date: 29.01.2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqqPA6TeUi8

06.02.2007 15:01 Franticarlos is offline Send an Email to Franticarlos Homepage of Franticarlos Search for Posts by Franticarlos Add Franticarlos to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Franticarlos
etzi-99 etzi-99 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-217.png

Registration Date: 19.11.2005
Herkunft: Wien

yeaaaah!!! thanx for the link!!!!

the fast part is superb!!!!

yeah great job guys!!!!

cheers etzi

https://www.facebook.com/MortalStrikeOfficial
06.02.2007 15:50 etzi-99 is offline Send an Email to etzi-99 Homepage of etzi-99 Search for Posts by etzi-99 Add etzi-99 to your Buddy List Add etzi-99 to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for etzi-99

Thread Starter Thread Started by metalandi

Great, i love the clean Guitar (Maybe the Doubleneck?) and the part from 3.32

06.02.2007 15:53 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Official MetClub Member

It's not that awesome as I thought after hearing the sample, but it's pretty good rendition. But of course original Morricone's version is better.

Edit: I've listened to it many times and I changed my decision. It's really great rendition of Morricone's classic and I love Metallica's version. Awesome!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marmetal: 06.02.2007 19:25.

06.02.2007 17:39 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

wow, awesome this metallica version!! i'm curious to hear this one live on stage!! ...and yeah, etzi you're right, the fast part rocks!!
metallica rulez!!
großes Grinsen großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

muchos gracias for the link, carlos!!

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by norbinho19: 06.02.2007 23:15.

06.02.2007 23:14 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Audio Preview of "The Ecstasy of Gold" posted

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH