Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Fade To Black: Metallica » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fade To Black: Metallica
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Fade To Black: Metallica Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bill Hale was hanging out with Metallica back in the day in the lead up to their debut Kill 'Em All. His photographs and recollections are exhibited in Fade To Black: Metallica at Proud Camden

Cliff Burton, Lars Ulrich, Dave Mustaine & James Hetfield back stage. I needed to get a "good" group shot. The 1st shot of this session was "typical" Metallica... Yelling and flipping off the camera!!! I asked the guys to keep it "cool" for just one shot... they did and here is the result... A smile Metallica! March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

James Hetfield on stage. If I remember correctly James had broken a guitar string during the last song of the set... Having to finish the night off with an inferior backup did not set with with Metallica's front man... This photo captures the rage of Hetfield's torment! March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

Ron, James, Lars and Dave backstage at the Old Waldorf. My last attempt at a group shot with McGovney still in Metallica. It was clear that Ron was too normal for the rest of the band. No, Dave spilt beer on Ron's jeans... October 18th, 1982, The Old Waldorf, San Francisco

Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield & Cliff Burton on stage. To "freeze" the action I used my trusty flash. The front has some of the Bay Area Metal insiders.. Metal Mania's Ron Quitana, Brian Lew from Whiplash fanzine, Two Bit Thief's frontman Andy Anderson.. and one very young Kirk Hammett!!! March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

Kirk Hammett lead guitar for the band Exodus. This was the second time that Exodus had opened for Metallica. Little did anyone know that Hammett would be joining Metallica in a few short weeks! March 5th, 1983 The Stone, San Francisco

Cliff Burton, a friend & Dave Mustaine. I remember Cliff, Dave and I walking out of the Stone after the show. The Photo bug hit me and I asked the guys to pose for a photo. Little did any of Us know that Dave would be asked to leave the band in a couple of weeks and Cliff would be gone forever in a few short years! March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

Lars on Stage at the Stone. Years later Lars's drum tech Dave Marrs noted that he did not know how I got this pic at this angle because this is where he always was.... My reply was... Just waited until you moved... March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

Ron, James, Dave, John Strednansky and Lars. Stred was the editor in chief of my old mag Metal Rendezvous Int. Lars and Stred were great friends, they both grew up in Europe and loved the N.W.O.B.H.M.. Stred actually was one of the 1st people to play Metallica on the radio... Also on this night Stred announced the band for the stage! October 18th 1982, The Old Waldorf, San Francisco

James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich & Dave Mustaine back stage. In retrospect, this image can speak volumes... Was Dave already getting on Lars' short list? Was the tension between the two coming to a head?? Or just young Bulls being young Bulls??? Later that night Dave got his "revenge" so to speak in a post gig photo session... March 19th, 1983, The Stone, San Francisco

Photograph: Bill Hale
Source: www.guardian.co.uk
01.02.2011 19:08 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica Anything » Fade To Black: Metallica

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH