Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Lars sold his painting » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars sold his painting
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Lars sold his painting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lars Ulrich just sold a Jean Michel-Basquiat painting for $13.5 million at an auction in New York City. Christie's said the price Lars sold "Untitled Boxer" for exceeded the pre-auction estimate of more than $12 million. Not a bad price if you aske me.

The 1982 painting by the famed graffiti artist shows a black heavyweight fighter with his arms in the air against a white graffiti background. The painting was the highlight of a 2005 traveling retrospective of Basquiat, who died in 1988 of a drug overdose at the age of 27.

Jean-Michel Basquiat was an American artist. He gained popularity first as a graffiti artist in New York, and then as a successful Neo-expressionist artist in the 80s. Basquiat's paintings continue to influence modern day artists and command high prices.

Lars father had many artists as friends when Lars was a kid and this is probably the reason why Ulrich has such a passion for paintings.

18.11.2008 18:52 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought he sold that already during or before the st.anger sessions verwirrt I could swear i saw this on the skom dvd.

18.11.2008 18:56 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

RE: Lars sold his painting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a shitload of money dude. I'm not really into art and will probably never understand why people are spending a fortune on those paintings.

18.11.2008 18:59 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Marmetal Marmetal is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 23.08.2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with you Bernd Zunge raus . I'd never pay that much for a painting großes Grinsen . Congratulations to Lars Augenzwinkern .

18.11.2008 22:52 Marmetal is offline Send an Email to Marmetal Homepage of Marmetal Search for Posts by Marmetal Add Marmetal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Lars sold his painting

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH