Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An interview with Jason, someone posted on PPM:

Jason Newsted On Leaving Metallica: “I Have Never Looked Back”

3/31/09, 8:35 am EST

Jason Newsted’s 15-year stint playing bass for one of heavy metal’s biggest acts came to an end nine years ago, when he exited Metallica for “private and personal reasons and the physical damage I have done to myself over the years while playing the music that I love.” On April 4th, when Metallica are inducted into Cleveland, Ohio’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Newsted will be there to accept rock’s highest honor, and he’s even agreed to reunite with drummer Lars Ulrich, frontman James Hetfield and guitarist Kirk Hammett for an impromptu set he promises will include “at least one song about Satan.” (Revisit the band’s career in Metallica: Through the Years in Photos.)

Since splitting the band to form the short-lived Echobrain, Metallica fans have wondered whether Newsted has ever regretted leaving the band. With less than a week to go before the Rock Hall, Newsted tells Rolling Stone the answer is absolutely not.

“I tell you very honestly, 1 billion percent, I have never regretted leaving Metallica,” Newsted says. “It was the right thing for everyone. It was the right thing to do for the camp, that’s it. I’ve never told anyone that I wanted to go back or anything like that, not once. I made up my mind. It was not an easy thing to do, but it was something I had to do. I thought about it very much before I pulled the trigger, and because of that, I have never looked back. The past is where its supposed to be.”

Perhaps that’s why Newsted has yet to see a copy of Guitar Hero: Metallica, a video game that doesn’t even feature him in pixilated glory. According to Newsted, he wasn’t even aware of his absence from the game.

“I haven’t seen it, but it’s a wonderful thing that we were able to do, as long as it’s the music that we played and we recorded that everybody is playing along to or listening to,” he says. “And a new generation is getting turned on to Metallica… all of these are positive things. But I’ve never touched a Guitar Hero. I don’t play video games. I play the real instruments. I don’t waste my time with anything else.”

Newsted, who says he’s recently put the finishing touches on Voivod’s 15th studio offering (it will be the band’s last effort featuring late guitarist Denis “Piggy” D’Amour’s contributions, and is slated for release in June), says Metallica is worthy of the Rock Hall, and says he’s still a fan of his former band.

“I was one of the biggest fan of the band before I went in, and I’m a Metallica fan still,” he says. “I was always the one person in the world who had an inside look and an outside look at the band, at the same time, and now, I’ve been out for a while, and I’m able to be a fan again.”

Does that mean Newsted likes Death Magnetic? “It was better than St. Anger.”

So what do you think, which song Jason is talking 'bout verwirrt

31.03.2009 19:34 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But I’ve never touched a Guitar Hero. I don’t play video games. I play the real instruments. I don’t waste my time with anything else.

I' really like that. That's the same way i think, although i'm not playing an instrument. Augenzwinkern

Don't know which song he means, but in "the band’s career in Metallica: Through the Years in Photos." there should be a hint? verwirrt

01.04.2009 08:03 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

We'll know shortly cool

01.04.2009 08:48 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Registration Date: 14.03.2007

Any body knows the European time of the ceremony ? smile
01.04.2009 17:33 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List

As far as i know it's 2 am sunday morning european time. But i don't know if we an watch it live anywhere verwirrt

01.04.2009 17:42 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Yes, my friend , it will be broadcast live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv. großes Grinsen

posted on Metclub news

Our friends over at FUSE TV will be covering the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this Saturday and as we all get ready for the big weekend, FUSE is kicking off the week with all kinds of Metalli-TV.

Today is "Metallica Monday" as we take over FUSE with new specials on starting today at 9:00 pm EDT including "Metallica: In Their Own Words" and "The Metallica Chronicles: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Special" along with an airing of "Cunning Stunts." Metallica Monday will feature never before seen footage and interviews as FUSE traveled to Manchester, England to chat with us and film some of the show. You can check out an excerpt right here.

Of course it all leads up to the induction ceremony, which will be broadcast live from Cleveland on Saturday, April 4 starting at 9:00 pm EDT. Don't have FUSE? NO worries - you can watch it online!

Check out www.fuse.tv/rockhall for more info. and the schedule for the week is also posted below:

Metallica R&R HOF Programming on FUSE (all EDT)

2009 RRHOF Induction Ceremony
Airs: April 4 @ 9 pm

Some Kind of Monster
Airs: March 30 @ 6 pm and 11 pm
Reairs: April 1 @ 11 pm
April 2 @ 2 pm
April 4 @ 5 pm
April 5 @ 9 pm

Metallica: Cunning Stunts
Airs: March 30 @ 10 pm and 3 am
Reairs: April 1 @ 9 pm
April 2 @ 1 pm
April 3 @ 10:30 pm
April 4 @ 2 am
April 5 @ 3 pm and 8 pm

Metallica: Master of All
Airs: March 30 @ 9 pm and 2 am
Reairs: March 31 @ 7 pm
April 1 @ 8 pm
April 2 @ 12 pm
April 3 @ 9:30 pm
April 4 @ 3:30 pm and 1 am
April 5 @ 2 pm and 7pm

Metallica Chronicles: RRHOF Special Edition
Airs: March 30 @ 9:30 pm and 2:30 am
Reairs: March 31 @ 7:30 pm
April 1 @ 8:30 pm
April 2 @ 12:30 pm
April 3 @ 10 pm
April 4 @ 3 pm and 1:30 am
April 5 @ 2:30 pm and 7:30 pm

No. 1 Countdown - RRHOF Special Edition
Airs: April 1 @ 6 PM
Reairs: April 2 @ 10 PM and 2 AM
April 3 @ 11:30 PM
April 4 @ 4:00 PM
April 5 @ 11 AM, 4 PM and 2 AM

Kings of Rock: Rock Hall Inductees '09
Airs: April 1 @ 7 PM and 2:30 AM
Reairs: April 3 @ 4 PM
April 4 @ 8 PM
April 5 @ 1 PM and 6 PM
01.04.2009 17:55 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List

I know, but you cannot watch fuse tv in europe. traurig

01.04.2009 18:03 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

I know, that's the problem unglücklich

01.04.2009 18:06 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

Sorry, boys, but maybe i'm wrong, but i think that can wath the ceremony on the weeb page of www.fuse.tv.

Of course it all leads up to the induction ceremony, which will be broadcast live from Cleveland on Saturday, April 4 starting at 9:00 pm EDT. Don't have FUSE? NO worries - you can watch it online!

verwirrt
01.04.2009 18:44 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List

yeah, but you can watch it online aswell only in the US.

01.04.2009 18:59 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

I actually like this shirt großes Grinsen

01.04.2009 19:47 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Metallifreak Metallifreak is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2005
Herkunft: Köflach

Montse, are you able to rip those broadcastings to your PC???
01.04.2009 19:54 Metallifreak is offline Send an Email to Metallifreak Homepage of Metallifreak Search for Posts by Metallifreak Add Metallifreak to your Buddy List Add Metallifreak to your Contact List

Jörg, we can't watch fuse here. Augenzwinkern But i,m very, very sure that there will be dozens of different versions from small size to really big a few after it happened.

01.04.2009 19:57 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
jamiz jamiz is a female
SUPERDONATOR

I have to delete some files, and how can i rip the video? verwirrt I never do it.
And i agree with andi.
01.04.2009 20:06 jamiz is offline Send an Email to jamiz Search for Posts by jamiz Add jamiz to your Buddy List

quote:
Original von metalandi
Jörg, we can't watch fuse here. Augenzwinkern But i,m very, very sure that there will be dozens of different versions from small size to really big a few after it happened.

Yes sir and I'm going to download them all Zunge raus

02.04.2009 16:39 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

I'm going to download only the real life size 3D HD hologram version cool großes Grinsen

02.04.2009 16:41 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List

Can you do me a copy then? großes Grinsen großes Grinsen

02.04.2009 17:07 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Metallica Bassist Robert Trujillo To Take A Seat At Rock Hall Show
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 03.31.2009

Robert stepping down for Jason Newsted...

Ex-Metallica bassist Jason Newsted has added more comments about reuniting with the band for their Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, including the revelation that current bassist Robert Trujillo will not be playing with the band at all on the big night.

According to Jason, "I just planned on going, looking good in my suit, hanging out with my family, going up and getting the award, making a nice speech...," he said

Newsted says he didn't get the call from Lars Ulrich until last Thursday. "He said, 'We want you to rock with us, [and Trujillo] is not gonna play at all. we want you to play.' And my first question was, 'How's Robert with that? How does he feel about that? I don't want to create any kind of negative anything. I want this all to be proper.' [Ulrich] said, 'No, he's with it, man. He wants to be there as a fan, too, and wants to see the black album band'...It's all good. Everybody's agreed to it. Let's rock!' 'OK. Let's rock.' "

Newsted also said that he is in full support of the band's current line-up. "I felt strongly they should go as that band and represent Metallica, because they're strong right now, together. Those four guys in Metallica are out there knocking the shit down, standing tall, able, prowess, chops are in order...There aren't many times the Hall of Fame can induct a band that's fully capable like that."

Newsted will be using the same amplifier rig and Sadowski five-string bass he used during his tenure in Metallica, and will play "something old [and] something new" on Saturday.

"It's just a major celebration for us," says Newsted. "I'm freakin' over the moon, man. It's another...well, the biggest feather in the cap so far, I guess. The Grammys are feathers all around the cap, but this one will be a little bigger, I have a feeling."

Newsted is currently part of the band Voivod, whose new album drops in June.

Credit: Billboard.com

I'm very disappointed that Rob is not playing geschockt unglücklich

03.04.2009 06:22 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong

Wow, that's surprising! But actually i'm not too disappointed..jason wa sin the band a very long time, and he deserves to be honored. I can't wait to see this.

03.04.2009 08:19 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Ktulu Ktulu is a male
Official MetClub Member

images/avatars/avatar-67.gif

Registration Date: 19.11.2005

Rob IS actually scheduled to play tomorrow

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/upda...003957541.story
03.04.2009 18:34 Ktulu is offline Send an Email to Ktulu Search for Posts by Ktulu Add Ktulu to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Metallica » Metallica News » Jason Newsted up on stage with Metallica again?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH