Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Off Topic » Off Topic » The "Students vs. Teachers Fight Thread" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The "Students vs. Teachers Fight Thread"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
norbinho19 norbinho19 is a male
RESPECTED MEMBER

images/avatars/avatar-158.gif

Registration Date: 16.10.2006
Herkunft: Tyrol, Austria

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as a teacher you have always to be in school on the last day before holidays, because we always have a final conference on friday!!

as a teacher you can't stay at home like the pupils when you have better things to do!!böse

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
17.10.2008 18:37 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
Highwayman Highwayman is a male
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

images/avatars/avatar-139.png

Registration Date: 07.11.2007
Herkunft: Wien & Wels-Land

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Original von norbinho19
as a teacher you have always to be in school on the last day before holidays, because we always have a final conference on friday!!

as a teacher you can't stay at home like the pupils when you have better things to do!!böse

I'm already at uni and study law, so I only have to go to "Übungen" and exams, normal lectures are not compulsory. großes Grinsen großes Grinsen But we do have to study a shitload of books and codices, so we're not lazy (at least me and all the others who don't quit or change studies when they have to learn Romal Law or Criminal Law during the first Studienabschnitt). Augenzwinkern
17.10.2008 18:47 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Thread Starter Thread Started by norbinho19

quote:
Original von Highwayman
quote:
Original von norbinho19

I'm already at uni and study law, so I only have to go to "Übungen" and exams, normal lectures are not compulsory. großes Grinsen großes Grinsen But we do have to study a shitload of books and codices, so we're not lazy (at least me and all the others who don't quit or change studies when they have to learn Romal Law or Criminal Law during the first Studienabschnitt). Augenzwinkern

i was talking about pupils!!

...and i was on university too...so, when you will miss something one time, nobody claims you!!

i never said you and other students are lazy, man..watch your language!!böse

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
17.10.2008 19:46 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Hey bernd, what's wrong? verwirrt I think walter meant that all more for fun Augenzwinkern

17.10.2008 19:51 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
RESPECTED MEMBER

Thread Starter Thread Started by norbinho19

quote:
Original von metalandi
Hey bernd, what's wrong? verwirrt I think walter meant that all more for fun Augenzwinkern

for fun?? sorry, andi, for me it didn't sound like a joke.

Jun 3 - Berlin, GER
Jun 11 - Nova Rock, AUT
Jul 28 - Manchester, UK
Jul 31 - Birmingham, UK
Aug 1 - Cardiff, WAL
Aug 3 - Belfast, NIL
Aug 5 - London, UK
Aug 6 - London, UK
17.10.2008 20:02 norbinho19 is offline Send an Email to norbinho19 Homepage of norbinho19 Search for Posts by norbinho19 Add norbinho19 to your Buddy List

I know, but i'm sure he didn't mean it that way. Time to get back to topic Zunge raus

17.10.2008 20:20 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Highwayman Highwayman is a male
Mr. Frozen T-Shirt

images/avatars/avatar-139.png

Registration Date: 07.11.2007
Herkunft: Wien & Wels-Land

quote:
Original von norbinho19
quote:
Original von Highwayman
quote:
Original von norbinho19

i was talking about pupils!!

...and i was on university too...so, when you will miss something one time, nobody claims you!!

i never said you and other students are lazy, man..watch your language!! böse

Honestly, I don't exactly know what you're angry about, so my explanation is gonna be quite long and is gonna include different reasons for my last posts.

I NEVER ever assumed that you'd mean students are lazy (also because you must have been on a uni as a HAK-Teacher), but I pointed out my "non-lazyness" because of the fairly widespread prejudice (especially in small villages like the one where I'm from) that most students are lazy and are only able to party in the evening, sleep til the afternoon, relaxing til the evening and starting the circle again, maybe including very few lectures. In my tiny village so much people roll their eyes and say "Die ganzen faulen Studenten" because of the long holidays and tell me all of their prejudices.
I'm pissed off by that and wanted to point out that you can only finish a study by hard work (in studies with harder exams you usually need to write less scientifical works and vice versa). Some studies (like law) still have lots of freedom with few compulsory lectures and the prejudice that we get up extremely late and go very few lectures is true for some, but those students (like me, I'm a real Morgenmuffel and there's no use for me of being in a lecture; I study by reading, not by hearing/writing sthg down) who usually get up late and start the real studying in the mid-late afternoon have to study til the night (e.g between midnight and 2am) to catch up the gap of waking up that late and having a chance of passing the exams. And our effective holidays are shorter than those ~5 months (summer jobs, exams after the holidays......). We don't have a usual 9-5 job where we work our ~40 or more hours (when there are Überstunden/ZA) per week, and many people get irritated by that.

So quite a lot of people forget (once again, I never assumed you being among those) this other, the hard-working side of the medal of students' life (ok, there are indeed very few lazy lifetimestudents) and only think of a long-sleeping and hungover lazy bum who attends a lecture 1-2 in a week, as long as it's after 3pm and who parties virtually every day. That's why I wrote that.

And I myself have that privilege of extremely few compulsory lectures (in this semester it's 2 Übungen from constituational and administrative law, next semester probably none); I'm aware and happy of that privilege, that's why I put those two großes Grinsen smilies in my last post.

btw, I used to assume that you would only have to go to the last schoolday when you're a Klassenvorstand bc in my former Gymnasium in Wels, only KVs were there on such a Friday when I remember right; but the big Notenkonferenz was on the Thursday 8 days before and another very short one the day before this Friday.
And teachers also suffer from wrong prejudices of being lazy, but that's another topic to argue about. And of course you can't just take a holiday and go to a Metallicaconcert during the week in springtime (like Vienna in May, Prague last June or Berlin last month).

OH, and the "Leckts mi am Oarsch" comment is from a PUPIL's point of view, who really needs some holidays and was meant to be a little ironic.

And the comments on the high dropout-rate in law is based on the fact that there's a shitload of Maturanten who don't know what to study (studying something is the only thing you can do with a AHS-Matura, it's something else with a HAK or HTL Matura) so they start law (or other extremely popular studies to start like economy, psychology, sports, politics...). Then they notice this study just doesn't fit their abilities and strengths and can't do anything else stop this study before the end of the first Studienabschnitt (the law studies here in Innsbruck are a perfect example, it's the only law faculty in AUT with the whole criminal law in the first part of the studies and our roman law exams are extremely tough).

If I offended or angered you in any way and misunderstood me, I really apologize for that. I do hope I put everything straight that there's no problem left. If you still got any problem or a question, write me PM (if it works), an email, post it here or whatever.

EDIT: I hope the Munich date will fit you so you'll get the chance to see them on this arenatour with the centerstage (or maybe somewhere else near Tyrol, I don't know about dates or rumors in Switzerland, Northern Italy, Stuttgart or other locations quite near Tyrol bc I only want/can afford 2 gigs of that tour).

Another EDIT: good you made it an own thread, even though the title is a little strange, I really don't wanna make a fight. Augenzwinkern

And that post with all the "I do work hard unlike the stereotype" might make me appear like one of those STEREOTYPE arrogant "Schnösel" law students who think they're something better or harder working than other students, I'm not like that minority. I guess not many of those Schnöseln listens to Metal and Rock like me. Augenzwinkern

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Highwayman: 17.10.2008 22:16.

17.10.2008 21:52 Highwayman is offline Send an Email to Highwayman Search for Posts by Highwayman Add Highwayman to your Buddy List

Since i don't really like to delete the posts, i made a new thread. großes Grinsen

17.10.2008 21:59 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Off Topic » Off Topic » The "Students vs. Teachers Fight Thread"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH