Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Music News » Ex-METALLICA Bassist JASON NEWSTED Schedules First Art Exhibition » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ex-METALLICA Bassist JASON NEWSTED Schedules First Art Exhibition
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
metalandi metalandi is a male
Super Moderator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-196.jpg

Registration Date: 01.06.2005
Herkunft: Steyr, Austria

Ex-METALLICA Bassist JASON NEWSTED Schedules First Art Exhibition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dunlop TV recently conducted an interview with bassist Jason Newsted (METALLICA, VOIVOD, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) about his bass gear and his interest in painting, having turned out hundreds of large original works of art over the last half a decade. Watch the eight-minute chat below.

Newsted's first exhibition of original art will be held May 6 - June 27, 2010 at Micaëla Gallery (49 Geary Street, No. 234) in San Francisco, California.

Commented Newsted: "I am possessed by an undercurrent of kinetic energy that I have channeled through pure artistic creation for as long as I can remember, beginning with childhood drawings and songs, followed by teenage rock and roll based ideas, and ultimately, internationally recognized musical recordings and live performances.

"With the title of most decorated heavy metal bass guitarist of all time intact, my purpose has shifted from making crazy and colorful music, to making crazy and colorful paintings.

"I remain as disciplined, self-motivated, and dedicated to my art, as I have been. It is time for me to climb the next mountain, retaining purity by way of genuine expression in creating art as my quest."

Immersed in creativity from an early age, Jason Newsted learned about beauty, life and death from his upbringing on his family's farm in Battlecreek, Michigan. These early surroundings would come to heavily influence his music career and artistic imagery.

Newsted joined METALLICA in 1986, successfully toured the globe as METALLICA's bass guitarist through 2001, and achieved worldwide recognition. He recorded multiple albums that won six Grammy awards, sold 100 million units, and earned his 2009 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

In 2005, Newsted turned his attention to painting, where he found solace and a new manner for expressing his creativity. His experience with painting is a joy to behold, filled with wonderment and the uninhibited freedom of a mature creative soul.

Newsted's paintings express raw visual energy. He uses rich color and an expressive manner to translate his characteristic intensity into hard-hitting paintings.

See the paintings here:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabber...wsitemID=138330

13.04.2010 14:49 metalandi is offline Send an Email to metalandi Homepage of metalandi Search for Posts by metalandi Add metalandi to your Buddy List
damageinc damageinc is a male
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 13.01.2010
Herkunft: Hungary

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lars should buy some paints for his empty walls. großes Grinsen

13.04.2010 21:50 damageinc is offline Send an Email to damageinc Homepage of damageinc Search for Posts by damageinc Add damageinc to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for damageinc
Livestrong Livestrong is a male
Super Donator - Respected Member

images/avatars/avatar-199.jpg

Registration Date: 24.01.2007
Herkunft: Civitas Nova

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy one großes Grinsen

17.04.2010 08:56 Livestrong is offline Send an Email to Livestrong Homepage of Livestrong Search for Posts by Livestrong Add Livestrong to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Livestrong
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
DON'T TREAD ON AUSTRIA - OFFICIAL METALLICA CHAPTER FORUM » Music » Music News » Ex-METALLICA Bassist JASON NEWSTED Schedules First Art Exhibition

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH